Tuesday, December 31, 2013

What I hope 2014 Brings

Not unlike every other person out there, the pending New Year is a time for reflection and goal setting.

I knew I needed to set some goals for this upcoming year.  I honestly have never really done that and so it's no wonder that I haven't really succeeded much up to this point.

Last year was a complete waste of time really.  I didn't work hard at all and my lack of focus showed for sure.  As I mentioned earlier, I only lost 5 lbs.

So, I gave myself some grace and decided to just let it all go until January 1st.  For then I would set myself some goals and put a plan into place.

I think my plan to hold off until 2014 was a good one.  I am anxious to start and have been working on my plan.

First off, I set myself a weight loss goal.  I have never really done that before.  I always knew where  wanted to be at the end, but didn't figure out my path to get there.

I said after our TOPS rally this year that I would be KOPS 2015.  For me to get there, my weight loss goal needs to be:

5 lbs a month.

This is totally do-able.  I had thought of saying I needed to lose so much per week, but numbers can fluctuate so much and I didn't want one bad week to through my momentum off.

This is how I will get there:


PLAN

EVERY LITTLE DETAIL

I am NOT a planner or list maker and truthfully, it's my downfall.  Things feel so much more seamless when I plan it out. 

So what does planning mean?  It means planning meals, what exercise I am doing and logging every food I eat.  I have drafted up a book to help me along.  Do I think it will peeter out after a bit?  Perhaps...but I hope not.  I hope that for once in my life I can stick to it.

Here is what I came up with:



I am also going to plan in my blogging.  I need to do better with it.  While it is a personal record of my own journey, sharing keeps me accountable.

What are your goals for this upcoming year?  What is your plan to make it happen?

2 comments:

  1. Love the book idea. Fingers crossed it works for you.
    I don't have any immediate plans for 2014. I'm not a new year resolution girl... When ever I make them I always fail. I just want to focus more on eating healthier and getting more active. Hopefully that will help the scale :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You already know my goal so let's hope I don't completely fail!

    ReplyDelete