Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Road Trip Review - Weeks 21 - 25

It's been since the end of November since I actually posted about my walk progress.  In hindsight, I think blogging it every week was a bit much and I think on our next journey, I will only blog once a month.

I must say, I loved doing this journey with Julie.  She has become a great friend and I can only hope we meet for reals one day!

I did learn something important about myself on this journey....I learned I am capable of so much more then I give myself credit for.  I am able to walk at least 5 km every day.  I also learned that I can't slack off...it's best to take the time to do a little bit each day so that come the last month of the challenge, I am not busting my ass to pick up km's.

My numbers for the last half of the challenge look pretty impressive, but they are not as good as it seems.  It wasn't the same level of cardio as in the beginning of the challenge, I "cheated" a bit and rode the bike, etc.  Little things that bumped up the km, but didn't take lots of time.

So, to review our trip, our destination was:

Morrow Mountain State Park in Albemarle, NC

 
 
Week 21:

                   
Eligible km: 59.27

Week 22:

Eligible km: 44.45

Week 23:

Eligible km: 83.15

Week 24:

Eligible km: 70.78

Week 25:

Eligible km: 39.44

I made it!  JUST....and I mean JUST!  I was only over by about .12 km.

But together, we are now camped out, enjoying some hard earned s'mores!

Our next adventure is in the works.  If anyone else would like to join us on our next adventure, I'm sure that would be just fine.  The more the merrier!

I mentioned on my other blog about a Pinterest challenge I am doing for 2014.  I might try to incorporate it on this blog.  You can read more details about it here and if you think you might be interested in joining, let me know.  If there is enough interest, I might make it an "official" link up.

To everyone who reads, have a great 2014 and Happy Trails!

2 comments:

  1. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! YOU MADE IT!!! WE MADE IT!!!!

    TIME FOR A 30 SECOND DANCE OFF!!! <3 <3 <3 <3

    *Dances*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Wonderful job hitting that goal!

    ReplyDelete