Wednesday, January 15, 2014

CN Tower Stair Climb

I decided it was time to throw another challenge into the mix to get myself moving more each day.

 Of course I can't do a challenge alone and roped in a girlfriend, The Empress of Pounds, to do it with me.

First, let me tell you a little bit about the CN Tower in case you are not familiar with it.


The CN Tower was built by the Canadian National Railways in 1976.  It is 553.33 meters (1815 ft, 5") tall.  From 1976 - 2010, it was the world's tallest free standing structure.  It took approx. 40 months to complete at a cost of $63 million.  Approximately 1.5 million people visit every year.

From the ground floor to the main deck is 1776 steps.

The challenge is this:

Our goal is to climb the stairs in the CN Tower over the course of one week.

I averaged that a set of stairs has 12 steps.    We have to do the set of stairs 22 times a day to reach the goal.  That is going to put us just a little over.  It might seem like a lot, but it's not really.  Plus, it is supposed to be a challenge.

So there you have it.  Our challenge starts today and ends next Tuesday at Midnight.  We are going to blog our results at the end.  Go check out my partner and encourage her on!

3 comments:

  1. WOOT!!! CLIMB AMY CLIMB!!!
    Guess who forgot her fitbit AGAIN today! I don't have too many stairs at work so not a big deal. Will have to remember to count when I get home... At least I have packing to do.. lots of up and down

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend wants to do this.. I just learned about it today and now I am curious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see you do the real thing!

    ReplyDelete