Saturday, January 25, 2014

2014 Pinterest Challenge - January

Over on my other blog, I started a year long Pinterest challenge and figured it would be a great motivation tool to continue it on over here.


The basis is simple!  The goal each month is to complete at least 1 item you have "pinned" and report back on it.  It must be completed by the end of each month. If you have a blog, blog the results...the good, the bad and the ugly!  If you don't have a blog and still want to participate, I have created a Facebook group, ask to join and use that forum to show what you have done each month.

Most importantly, make sure you give credit where credit is due and link back to the original pin.

First off, I needed to get some more music.  It's essential to working out.

I had this playlist pinned for quite some time:


I did tweak this list a bit.  For one, it wasn't long enough and there were songs I didn't know very well on the list and others that were more "fun" that were not on the list.

My playlist is below:

  1. Carrying the Banner - Newsies
  2. Oo-De-Lally - Robin Hood
  3. Something That I Want - Tangled
  4. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious - Mary Poppins
  5. The World Will Know - Newsies
  6. Under the Sea - The Little Mermaid
  7. When Will My Life Begin - Tangled
  8. Whistle While You Work - Snow White
  9. You've Got A Friend In Me - Toy Story
  10. King of New York - Newsies
  11. Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah - Song of the South
  12. A Spoonful of Sugar - Mary Poppins
  13. Disney Dudez Remix 
  14. Once and for All - Newsies
  15. Hakuna Matata - The Lion King
  16. Kiss The Girl - The Little Mermaid
  17. Seize The Day - Newsies
  18. Life Is A Highway - Cars
  19. Real Gone - Cars
Number 13 also came from Pinterest.  Below is the You Tube video...check it out, it's so much fun!




Did you check it out?  I'll just wait....go!  Shoo!  Watch it now!  There were no direct links to link back to, sorry.

I also did some motivation jars for both myself and my TOPS group:

Mine

TOPS


I haven't gotten to move over any beads yet but I will soon enough.  I have them right beside the treadmill so I can see them for the entire torturous time I am on it!

I also tried a new food/recipe.  I tried quinoa.  I have tried it before, but cold and it didn't do much for me.  This recipe had it warmed up.

Strawberry Quinoa Breakfast


This was...eh!  It was definitely a texture issue.  The taste of the quinoa was not repulsive, but I for sure couldn't eat it by the spoonful. I haven't given up on it yet, but this was NOT the format for me!

So there you have it!  I hope this has inspired you and you will participate, even if it's just once and awhile. Go cheer on the other participants!














1 comment:

  1. So what does quinoa taste like? I hate to spend the money on something and then not like it... cute idea on the Disney playlist! I'll have to look into that.
    Www.heavycupcake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete