Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Truth Of Tuesday Night

It seems like it has been forever since I did one of these posts and quite frankly, it has.

It finally feels like all my chicks are in order and that things will shape up nicely.

I'm back to exercising on a regular basis, trying to cut back on what I am eating and skipping the ice cream while hubby has a bowl.

Last time I weighed in at TOPS, the scale said:

242.75 lbs

This week:

243.25 lbs

That is a gain of .50 lbs, but I don't consider that too bad with all the holidays and lack of trying in there.

I have also started to do something new for myself.  It may sound odd or strange to some people, but I have started to make an effort with my appearance everyday.  Mostly my hair.  See, the thing is, for the past who knows how many years, I have put my hair up in a barrette and left it at that.  My reasoning was "I'm married, I don't need to impress anyone"

But the thing is just this....I did need to impress someone,  just didn't realise it was myself.

I got my hair done just before Christmas and some new clothes and honestly felt on top of the world.  I realized that keeping that feeling going would be important to getting my butt moving to exercise.  If I feel sexy during the day, I am going to work harder that night on the treadmill to help get myself looking the part.

The other thing I have started to do was take a picture of myself everyday.  Not unlike a lot of other people with weight issues, I have this total phobia of pictures.  To the point that my kids could totally forget what I looked like.

So I will share some of the pictures.  I don't have one of those fancy phones for "selfies", so I just had to do the best with what I have.




All linked up....are you?

Weigh In Wednesday

6 comments:

  1. I think you look great Amy, your hair is awesome, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ammmyyyyyy you sexy lady!! Is that a stripper pole in your bedroom?!?!?! Or just the seam of closet doors??!?! ;-) ;-)

    You are beautiful! Sexy! Wooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

    And I <3 U. Just FYI. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, I TOTALLY get what you mean... been there with not bothering to care of my appearance in the morning. You're so right... the one we need to impress most is ourself and it makes such a difference! Good job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get the idea of "completing the look" every day. You do feel better when you look better. Thanks for.stopping by my blog today. Im a new follower for you!
    www.heavycupcake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I call that maintaining :)

    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously! You are so cute! I want to be as cute as you!!

    ReplyDelete