Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Truth Of Tuesday Night

Last week was our first week back to TOPS since before Christmas.  We ended up having a 3 week break and it really was a long time and I was anxious to get back into routine.
I felt I had a pretty good plan in place.  I was going to be more conscience of what I ate and get in my exercise.

The results were not as impressive as I had hoped.

Last week: 243.25 lbs
This week: 243.75 lbs

+.50 lbs

Yup, even with my hard work I still gained!

BUT... 


here's the difference...

previously, I would have said to myself...I walked over 40 km and cut back on unhealthy foods and look at what good it did me.  This time however, I am not really worried about the scale.  Perhaps the truth is it will just take time for my body to adjust.  I don't really know the answer, but I do know I am not giving up.  I still plan to just focus on one thing at a time.  I am going to give myself a solid  month of focusing on the exercise part.  Now, that doesn't mean I am going to just eat whatever I want and not worry about that part, but it just means that I will take it one day at a time.  If I start changing everything at once, how will I know what will work and what won't?

I do know that even though I don't LIKE the exercise, I feel accomplished afterwards for doing it.  I've also noticed that I am not as hungry and am sleeping better.  That in itself is a bonus.

Catch you next week, with hopefully better results!


Pretty Strong Medicine
Linking up again!

6 comments:

  1. You've got it, girl..... you CAN'T change it all at once. You'll shock your body too much!!

    Also- I am in the same boat in terms of the love/hate relationship with exercise. I hate doing it but love feeling sweaty and accomplished! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how so many people in today's link-up are saying the same things: the scale isn't the final authority on health and wellness! It's not easy to completely overhaul your lifestyle. Working on specific areas one at a time might take longer, but will probably produce much longer-lasting results. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the gain but you are right! Sure, working out sucks but you do feel so much better after! The scale will start behaving soon! Your hard work will be the proof!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep at it! The scale will catch up to all your hard work soon hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take measurements too along the way. Sometimes the scale does not move but your measurements will. Keep up the good work and I am sure you will see the scale start to move down :)

    ReplyDelete