Friday, January 24, 2014

Follow Through Friday - # 2

If you will recall from last week, I joined this new link up as a great way to review my week to determine if it helped or hindered my weight loss progress.

You can find the link up here, make sure you go check it out and give some love to the other participants!


FatChick2FitChick

My goals from last week:

  • walk 40.95 km for my walking challenge 
  • Climb 1776 stairs for my CN Tower Challenge
  • Lose 1.5 lbs 
  • Take a picture of myself everyday 
I managed to complete 2 of them.  I didn't lose any weight and actually gained .50 lbs, but I'm ok with that.  I also didn't take pictures this week.  My camera wasn't within easy reach and I wasn't motivated enough to do pictures.  To go along with that, my lack of picture taking made me slack on my appearance.  My hair, while it did make it through the straightener, proceeded to get put back in a barrette.  I should have taken a picture Monday morning before I did it....my 7 year old son took one look at it after I brushed it and said "MOM!!   You should SEE your hair!"  It was total poodle fluff!
My stair climb with a girlfriend worked out well.  I would like to do it again, but make it a bit more challenging AND perhaps "climb" something else, like the Eiffel Tower!

Goals For The Week:

  • walk my required km for each day - 5.70 km
  • Lose 1.50 lbs
  • Take a picture of myself everyday
  • No chips - My TOPS group is picking a food to restrict or a goal to complete each week, it's chips this week

Food

My plan is still the same.  I am just going to be aware of what I eat, but not log it or stress about it.

Exercise

The treadmill is still my BFF and I am owning that bad boy!  The only night of the week I don't get on it is Tuesdays.  I am still taking it pretty easy.  I'm walking at a level of 2.5 (2.7 on a real good day or for small stints)  The incline is pretty close to 0 still at this point.  I am still trying to make this a habit for me and I am also trying to avoid aggravating my foot.  Last time my foot really acted up, I was sidelined for over 3 months and it is still very finicky.  Different shoes other than my running shoes or even my stint at a Richard Simmons exercise video can cause me severe discomfort.  I know it's a double edge sword I am battling.  My feet hurt because of my weight, but I need my feet to help me lose weight.  I listen to the clues a bit more carefully and deal with them as it arises.

So there you have it.  That is how I fared last week and what I plan to do for this week!  What about you?  What plans do you have in place to help you succeed?





2 comments:

  1. Have you considered getting the fit bit? It is an awesome tool! Like seriously and I am down albs since December 31 It just counts your steps, but it is also so much more than that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea with just restricting a certain food. That's a lot easier! And I'm with you on the needing you feet to lose the weight, but it's restricting you as well. My knees are the same way.
    www.heavycupcake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete