Monday, November 24, 2014

Get Healthy & Active Plan - Week 1

I mentioned yesterday that I am starting a plan to get myself back on track.

Every two months TOPS provides it's members with a magazine full of ideas, recipes and motivational stories.  The latest magazine is the December/January edition, so it has lots of ideas to be healthy over the holidays.

Their Get Healthy & Active Plan caught my eye.  It's a 10 week program with weekly plans for eating better, moving more and staying on track.  I read it and felt it was completely do-able and not overwhelming.  I'm hoping it will help me stay on track over this difficult holiday season where we tend to over-indulge.

Below is the program, I hope after you read it, you will join me and together we can create a great team of support.

Get Healthy & Active Plan

Ready to make healthy changes and get fit?  This simple plan encourages you to eat better, move more and stay on track with three weekly goals.  Designed by a registered dietitian, a certified personal trainer and a certified professional coach, the plan builds upon itself, so that you continue to work on goals from previous weeks as you incorporate three new goals each week.  These healthy behaviors are recommendations, but you can do as much or as little of the plan as you like.  If you want to focus on simply eating better first, for example, you can work on just those goals.  Do what is right for you now.  We hope this plan helps you as you work toward weight loss - and keeping off pounds.  Here's to a healthier, happier you in 2015!


Here is a better view for Week 1



Eat Better
  • Begin keeping a food journal, writing down everything you eat on at least 3 days

Move More
  • Begin wearing a pedometer for at least 3 days a week.  At the end of this week, calculate your average number of daily steps

Stay on Track
  • Choose a positive statement or mantra below that supports your goals.  Repeat it to yourself while brushing your teeth.
  1. Today I choose joy!
  2. Good things take time.
  3. I can, and I will!
So there you have it!  I promised you something that is manageable...it's not asking you to make these changes every day....3 DAYS!!!  That's it!  Tell me you can devote 3 days of small changes to making yourself healthier!    Let's do this together and use my Facebook page for support when you start to feel yourself get off track!  Trust me, I need this just as much, if not more, than you do!



No comments:

Post a Comment