Monday, May 28, 2012

Exercise - My Own Personal Hell!

EXERCISE!

To me, it’s like a 4-letter word!  Not that you could tell to look at me or anything.

I can’t seem to think of any one exercise that seems interesting or exciting to me.  I once thought I might like to try downhill skiing then someone mentioned you have to reveal your weight and that notion quickly went out the window.  Or I also thought I would like to try snowshoeing, but the reality, I don’t like winter!

For some unexplained reason though, I want to run!  Can you imagine?  Me?  A runner?  Don’t ask me where this idea has come from.  Perhaps it looks like the poster for good health.  This is not a new feeling for me…I mentioned it a couple years ago and my dad said… “how far are you going to run?  Are you going to call Brian to come and pick you up?  You know, when you get to the end of the driveway?”

My girlfriend told me she has just started running, using the couch to 5k program.  When she told me she was running, I asked her from what?  Because the only valid reason I could see for running was if you were being chased by a bear or a herd of moose, which is plausible, btw…she lives in the Yukon!  But truthfully, I am proud of her and her motivation to start.  

I did buy myself a treadmill in the spring.  I have not used it as much as I should really.  I have made a point of getting back on it this week since I dedicated to starting this new blog.  I am on it long enough to burn 100 calories, which is my starting point.

It feels great to be back on it.  Makes me feel strong.  I STILL DON’T LIKE IT!!!  It would still be easier to NOT get on…but who wants to read about that right?  For now, I am going to work on building up my stamina on the treadmill and perhaps I will venture into picking up the pace a bit more and “running”

It beats exercising outside, where I feel everyone is looking at me, jiggle away down the street. Plus, in my basement, I can watch TV, wear my pj’s without a bra and do it in 10 minute spurts if I want!

Until next time

Amy

1 comment:

  1. So, here's the truth. No one likes to exercise. I think if people say they like it, they're lying! Who enjoys spending time sweating, panting and feeling uncomfortable?! I run 5-7 miles per day 5 days a week and I HATE it! Matt has to force me out the door and each day he says 'have fun!' while I give him the death eye!

    What people get addicted to, in my opinion, is the feeling AFTER you exercise. The euphoric sense of accomplishment and the idea that you burned unwanted calories and torched some serious fat!

    I'm so happy you're running! Start slow and work your way up. I've never done the couch to 5km but my sister has successfully and I'm sure you can do it too!

    Have you ever tried a Jillian Micheal's video? I got Matt addicted to her workouts last year and we each dropped a good 20 lbs just by doing her 20 minute workout every day. Seriously - just 20 minutes! You can't beat it! Plus, you can curse at her all you want and nothing. She just doesn't care!

    Still so proud of you for getting up and moving!

    ReplyDelete