Saturday, November 3, 2012

Mid-Weekend Review

Ok, so it's Saturday...one of my most difficult days of the week.

I wish I could break the cycle.  Every day starts out so strong and then I weaken by the end of the day.  Darn Halloween chocolate!  A girlfriend of mine mentioned tonight that her kids sold them their candy.  The end results, the parents wouldn't be tempted and the kids wouldn't be all sugared up!

Why can't I do something like this?  Why does it make me feel so guilty to a) deprive my kids of that treat and b) to waste it.  I know it would be the best for the entire family.  I wish I was that strong.

I did even out today, number-wise

Calories in: 1633
Under by: 15

Breakfast:

2 slices of toast with butter and honey

Lunch:

2 poached eggs on toast with butter

Dinner:

Nachos and cheese
3 mini chocolate bars

TOMORROW I WILL DO BETTER!!

EXPECT IT OF ME PEOPLE!

3 comments:

  1. I think if you allow your children to have SOME of the candy but not all of it... then you're not really depriving them. We took our kiddos at work to the Hospital to trick or treat and they all had their own bag... when we got back and they were napping, we went through and filled little brown bags up with candy for them to take home. They had a decent amount of candy and it saved some for the ones that were not there to participate. Plus we had a TON left over even!

    You're doing an excellent job! I'm proud of you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on going! I would suggest maybe to cut cravings, drink more water, and make sure you eat protein with every meal!! If a craving hits, eat a sweet piece of fruit like ripe pineapple or a banana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also- don't forget to snack between meals on something GOOD!

    -a few celery sticks
    -a few slices of fresh (not canned) pineapple
    -a banana
    -an apple

    See the trend?? The calories are pretty low (compared to leftover halloween candy) and have nutrients packed in as well!

    :)

    ReplyDelete