I picked my "return" date as May 25, because it is also the 1 year anniversary of this blog.
So, to recap the reasons I started this blog. ( you can read my first post here)
I needed to do something...I needed to be more accountable for my actions (or lack of). I needed to find a space where people would know my actual weight and not falsely cheer me on with comments like, "you will do better next week" I need people to be honest, like saying "no wonder you are not losing...you didn't walk all week and ate like a pig"
It's almost the end of May and I have been in no-man's land. I have lost and gained the same 3-4 pounds over and over again. While that is not a terrible thing, the alternative could be worse...it's not the progress I would like. I have not changed clothing size or got into a steady routine with new habits. Apparently though, it is not enough to spurn me into action.
My current weight is approximately 247 lbs, I am guessing because I have not been to TOPS in 3 weeks and my scale at home is not quite the same at the one used at my meetings
When I started my blog, my first posted weight was 263.50 lbs
That is a loss of 16.50 lbs.
That is not very impressive.
In January of this year, my weight was: 247.50 lbs.
So I have basically lost NOTHING this year!
Amy Ruth! Are you happy with those results?
So, what is the plan?
- I am back to TOPS for my weekly weigh in. Being a productive member and team leader!
- I will watch what I eat and make a concerted effort to actually log my food and make sensible choices.
- I will exercise EVERYDAY! For at least 30 minutes! Rain or shine!
- I will blog at least 3 times a week. My regular Tuesday report, my non-scale victory link up on Thursdays and my fitness re-cap on Fridays.
- I will comment on every weight loss blog I follow every time someone makes a post. Even if it is a simple "good job!" I know how much is means to me that people read my blog and I like to know that people do. Why would the bloggers I follow not feel the same way!
- I need to plan my meals better. I don't plan ahead for dinner some nights and I end up grabbing something on my way home. I also need to plan lunches better. I worry about everyone else but not me. I suffer for it by being starving when I get home and chowing down on junk.
- I will try and get back to using my "signature" of Until Next Time, Amy. I really liked it and thought it added a personal touch
In case some of my readers are asking themselves how they can help, here are a few ideas:
- Leave me a comment if you have read the post, even a simple happy face will do.
- Be honest with your comments, if you see something that is not helping my cause...call me out on it. No hard feelings...everyone is friends here and I love and value all of you.
- Give me some blog post suggestions...what can I post about that would interest you?
- Share my blog with others...I want to increase my following, if you follow me, I will follow you!
So there you have it....it's my anniversary and I will NOT be celebrating it with cake!
Until next time,