Thursday, July 10, 2014

Non-Scale Victory - # 21

It has been a crazy long time since I have participated in this link up...way back in March actually!

That's roughly the same time I fell off the wagon, got trampled on by the horses pulling it and landing their pile of crap!  That really is the perfect description to sum up the last few months for me.

But, it's a new month....I've picked myself up, found a stream to wash in and jumped on a new ride!  This new wagon has higher sides, so hopefully I won't fall off so easily.

Getting back to it is a victory in of itself.  However, my victory for this week is that I managed to plan and pack a semi-healthy lunch.

Lunch is my nemesis.  I hate it...not the eating it part necessarily, but the making it and planning it.  I am not a typical lunch food kind of person.  I don't care for sandwiches unless they are made fresh and I wouldn't eat anytime of healthy salad to save my life.

Today's was a compromise and I brought out the big lunch dish again.



Today's lunch includes some ham and turkey...red pepper and cucumber, dip, cheese strawberries, cottage cheese, yogurt and 2 marshmallows.  Ever since I was pregnant with my daughter...I find I need something sweet after each meal.  I picked marshmallows because I had them in the cupboard and they are 25 calories each.

Come join the link up and share what you are proud of this week!


5 comments:

  1. That looks like a ymmy lunch! Who says lunch hast to be traditional! I often find myself having hummus and crackers with a salad. Tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good ARM!
    Hmmmm..... are you trying to tell us something??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lunch looks really good! Glad you jumped back on the wagon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go for getting back on the wagon! We all fall off and get trampled, but you didn't give up! Glad to see you back!!!

    ReplyDelete