Saturday, January 17, 2015

TOPS Success

I've talked about TOPS on here a lot.  Our chapter is a small chapter, with about 12 members, all female, except for one.  Last year was a year of fantastic for our own lone male member.  With lots of hard work and dedication, he hit his goal weight and went from TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly) to KOPS (Keeping Off Pounds Sensibly)

His story is great and I think it's important to share.  Partly because I feel that TOPS is not very well known and people probably question the success of the program.

When he started with us, he weighed approximately 282 lbs and by the time he hit his goal weight last year, he weighed 191.  This loss earned him the title of Provincial King with recognition on a provincial scale and was then flown to Milwaukee for International recognition.  We are so very proud of him.  You can read his full story here as it appeared in the paper.

I had this article on the fridge and there is one line that always stuck out for me.....near the end of the article, Richard encourages you to get up and do 10 of something....something physical.  How simple right?  10 squats, 10 lunges, 10 jumping jacks...whatever you decide your 10 to be.  Get up and shake a blanket as hard and fast as you can for 10 seconds.  The point is to just move.  The more you do it, the more you will get used to it.  Soon, your 10 of something will turn into 20, then 30 and so on!

It's a long hard journey and I feel most days I am far from the most motivated person on earth...BUT, I have not given up and I don't plan to....even if it takes me 10 more years!


1 comment:

  1. Great article! Remember that each good choice you make is a stepping stone to betterness! No one gets to where they want to be overnight. Your picture is great motivation to keep when you need a reminder!!! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete