Sunday, July 15, 2012

Food Diary - Day 5

So, on Tuesday, I mentioned that my TOPS group does a restricted food item each week and this week it was ice cream.

I am pretty proud of myself.  Despite the fact that we have ice cream in the house AND I have served it to everyone twice, I have yet to have any.  Instead I have been having popsicles.  I got some really great ones made by Chapman's (which is a Canadian company) and each one is only 40 calories.  So, I could have 3 of them or 1/2 cup of ice cream for the same calorie count.  3 seems like so much more and I am happy with that.

HOWEVER, had I read this recipe before I went grocery shopping on Friday, I might have picked up the stuff to make these!

The last word missing is "cone"
Recipe courtesy of
Hungry Girl
Recipes and Survival Strategies
for
Guilt-Free Eating in the Real World
by - Lisa Lillien


Yummy!!!

As for today's food journal, I have numbers for you, but I am highly doubting their accuracy.  My mom and I went to a baby shower/brunch today for a dear family friend and you know how it goes at those things.  I had to guess at most everything there.  I used my best judgement and averaged HIGH on the numbers.  I didn't stuff myself full by any meals and it was a wonderfully simple menu, so I wasn't forced to choose between lots of high calorie dishes, that was my saving grace FOR SURE!

So, here it goes,

Breakfast:  (707cal)

1 1/2 mini quiche
1/2 cup roasted potatoes
1 tbsp ketchup
2 breakfast sausages
1 sticky bun

Lunch:  (296 cal)

2 cups nachos with cheese, salsa and sour cream

Dinner:  (736 cal)

1/2 hamburger bun
1 hamburger
1 slice of tomato
1 dill pickle
1 tbsp ketchup
1/2 potato salad
5oz tomato juice

Snacks:  (40 cal)

1 popsicle

Exercise for today - none (I feel guilty writing that, but I need a break from running today, the couch to 5k ramps it up tomorrow and I need to rest my legs for a night)

NUMBER TOTALS FOR THE DAY:

Calories In - 1717 calories
Calories Burned - 0 calories

Over by 63 calories

Not too bad, and I actually think the numbers might really be lower, so I don't anticipate it affecting me too much

Hope you had a great weekend!

Until next time,

Amy



3 comments:

  1. Those ice cream cones sure do look really good! I may have to try those one of these days. :)

    I find it so hard when I go out to eat at other peoples houses because I am unsure of the calorie count within food! It looks like you did pretty well for yours with the baby shower!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. How do you like TOPS?? I had been looking into it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job not stuffing yourself. Enjoying the company you keep and not focusing so much on the food is a great strategy! Good job!

    ReplyDelete