Thursday, July 4, 2013

Non-Scale Victory # 11

It's a good thing this link up is around.  The scales have not been very impressive the past couple of weeks and are holding out at a stand still.

My NSV is maintaining and setting goals.

Last week, if you will recall, I set myself a goal of 10,000 steps a day.

KEPT IT and ROCKED IT!

In addition to that one, this week I am also going to log food for the week.

You already know all of this if you read my blog yesterday.

The food journalling will be the tough one for me, but I KNOW it also produces results.  But I dusted off my Lose It account and started logging.  Here was yesterday's results:

Daily Summary for Wed, Jul 3rd

for Amy Bickmore
Calorie Summary
Daily calorie budget1,588
Food calories consumed1,770
Exercise calories burned97
Net calories for the day1,673
+/- for the day85 over budget
Weight Summarylbs.
Goal Weight150
Start Weight275
Today's Weight243.3
Lost So Far31.8
Daily LogCalories
Breakfast293
Pancakes, Homemade, 4"2 Each173
Butter, Salted0.666 Tablespoon68
Syrup, maple1 Tablespoon52
Lunch492
Bar, Granola, Chocolate Chip, Hard1 Each105
Cherries, Sweet1 Cup97
Sandwich, Ham, 6"1 Each290
Dinner488
Honey garlic sausage1.5 Servings345
  Nutrient data missing for: Fiber, Sugars, Chol., Sat. Fat., Sodium, Fat, Carbs, Protein
Potatoes, Red, Baby, Cooked0.5 Cup76
Butter, Salted0.666 Tablespoon68
Snacks498
Cupcake, Chocolate, Mini, w/ Choc Buttercreme1 Each97
Cookie, Chocolate Chip, Soft2 Each136
Licorice, Cherry2 Sticks65
Moosetracks Ice Cream0.5 Cup200
  Nutrient data missing for: Fiber, Sugars, Chol., Sat. Fat., Sodium, Fat, Carbs, Protein
Exercises97
Walking3 mph, moderate
20 Min
97

I am sick and tired of not showing any progress.  My lack of progress is simply because I have not put in the effort.  I am not committed to sweating yet though.  I will build up to that.

I did find a great new blog .  I was hooked when I was reading some older post and success stories and they asked the question about having any loose skin after loosing weight.  Honestly, this is the one question I want to ask EVERYONE that looses a lot of weight, but it's probably kind of rude.  I search high and low to find ways to avoid it, but I feel it will probably be a necessary evil.  Still not sure how I feel about it, but I can't let that stop me.  Spandex was created for a reason right?

Follow me and others over at the link up

button
 
Until next time,
 
Amy

4 comments:

  1. LOL Amy! Spandex!

    I have seen the loosening of my tummy skin, but I've also seen the inches going away too. A few of the other blogs I read have said that weight training is the best way to get rid of the excess. Not like, body-building strengths, but yes heavier than lifting 2-lb handweights. And there are all sorts of home-made alternatives to buying actual weights. We used gallon-sized milk jugs, first filled with water, then once I got used to that weight we emptied it and filled with sandbox sand... way heavier!

    I look forward to complaining about our flabby skin together and figuring out which way to get rid of it best! :-P :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having extra skin in the upper arms, legs and belly. Besides doing strength training and cardio I am doing a sea salt body wash in the shower and then using moisturizer afterwards. It has been working well with my skin, and although I have not noticed a huge difference but my skin is softer and it looks a lot better than it did before I started using it. It certainly will take time but I am hopeful between the toning/strength training and the extras with the body wash/scrub it will help. I also plan to become a certified nutritionist come October so that may unlock some key information as well. I hope.

    Good luck, you are not alone with the flabby skin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've lost 60 pounds and can vouch for extra skin left on my stomach. I recently started the 30 day shred hoping all the situps might help but I fear it's just the price of doing business after losing weight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maintaining and setting goals is huge! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete