Sunday, July 28, 2013

Road Trip Review - Week 2

Have you been following Julie and I along on our trip?  If you haven't, make sure you pop over and show her some blog love.
 
Let's recap:

  • The total distance to Troutville is 997 km
  • We have 170 days until December 31, 2013 (the end date) and that means we need to walk   5.8  km a day.
  • Our daily, everyday walking counts, but only up to half of our required distance (so 2.9 km)
  • Each 30 minute of non walking/running exercise counts as 0.5 km, up to 3.2 km of our total
The road so far:

Last week (July 14 - 20): 

  - total walked: 34.99 km
  - total eliglible: 27.44 km
      (-13.16 km behind)

This week: ( July 21 - 27)

Sunday: 11.2 km (Total) 5.5 km (Eligible)

Monday: 6.23 km (Total) 5.76 km (Eligible)

Tuesday: 7.62 km (Total) 7.55 km (Eligible)

Wednesday: 4.83 km (Total) 4.53 km (Eligible)

Thursday: 8.24 km (Total) 7.12 km (Eligible)

Friday: 7.55 m (Total) 3.59 km (Eligible)

Saturday: 3.15 km (Total) 2.9 km (Eligible)

TOTAL ELIGIBLE KM' FOR THE WEEK: 36.95 km
Goal: 40.6 km
-3.65 km (behind)

TOTALS:

Eligible: 64.39 km
-16.81 km (behind)
932.61 km to go!

All in all, my week was pretty good actually.  This weekend is where I lost it.  Usually my weekends are my best days for steps in, but not the case for this past weekend.  It was the start of my holidays and I was TIRED!  Just no energy all weekend.  No explanation other then perhaps I was in "holiday mode"

I also have to share this wise tidbit of info a friend shared.  It's from a 7 year old and it's BRILLIENT I tell ya!

She had commented to her husband over dinner how she had really "fallen off the wagon" in regards to her eating over the weekend..  Her 7 year old son pipes up and comments and says

"No Mom, you slipped off the wagon....if you fall off and the wagon is still moving you can't get back on.  If you slip off, you can still get back on."

I am going to take that very wise information and know that I only slipped off the wagon, but I am still holding on and have enough leverage to right myself and get back on!

Until next time,

Amy

3 comments:

  1. Woo Woo!! That is a great week!!

    Holidays are a time to enjoy, so ENJOY THEM!!

    <3 <3 <3 U!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! Thanks for sharing my story and for the link to my blog! And way to go on the walking, you're getting there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very wise information - "If you slip off, you can still get back on." Great week. Good luck to you!

    http://herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete