Friday, April 19, 2013

Fitness Friday - 04/13 - 04/19

Here is the run down for how I did this week:

Saturday:  None - We did go shopping and I wandered around the mall and a couple stores.  I suppose some people would count it as exercise, I mean, it's better than sitting around, but for me, I never do.  To me, exercise is planned and gets your heart pumping (for reasons other than watching your bank account get smaller)  At this point in my recovery, it should count.  I am not able to move well enough to get my heart rate up.

Sunday:  20 minute walk - we walked over to my parents and then got a lift back so I could get home to dinner

Monday: 2 - 25 minute walks.  I went for one at work and then later for another when the kids went to bed.

Tuesday: I walked the kids to school and daycare, which was about 10 - 15 minutes.  1 hour of walking. I walked down to my TOPS meeting tonight and met up with some of the other members who gathered together to walk before hand.  I then had to walk home afterwards

Wednesday:  30 minute walk with the kiddo today.  Made it around the usual "loop" without getting chilly or having to go pee (not me...her!)

Thursday:  another walk to school and daycare.  A 20 minute walk - I picked up the pace a bit and could feel my heart pumping a bit harder than my walks as of late.

Friday:  Once more I walked the kids to school and daycare.  Then later in the morning at work, I had to go and pick up some plastic army men for some cupcakes I am making next week.  The dollar store located near work was the only place I could find them.  I decided to walk.  I had to stop and buy an umbrella on the way.  Once I got to the mall, which is about 4 blocks away, I even took the stairs instead of the escalator.  We also did groceries and Costco after work. 

Overall, I am very impressed with my Fitness Friday.  Saturday was the only day I consider a non-exercise day.  I got in the 6 days I promised myself!

How was your week?

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job, squeezing in some activity almost every day and making it work with what needed to get done!

    ReplyDelete