Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sunday Confessions - # 4

I find this weekly post the hardest to keep up with.  Not because I am perfect or anything crazy like that.  I think part of it is that my bad habits are so ingrained and second nature that I don't even notice them.

But I must confess:

I am the Queen of Excuses!
 
If there can be any time of excuse to not exercise, I will think of it.


Here is a quick sampling of some of the ones that I use:
 
 
  • It's too cold
  • It's too hot
  • The kids need me around at bedtime
  • It's too dark out
  • I might get attacked by a cougar (this one came last year after an alleged cougar sighting in the village)
  • My baby toe hurts
  • I would walk if I had a partner to walk with
  • I don't have time
  • If I can't exercise for a good 30 minutes, it's not worth it
  • I'm too tired
  • My stomach feels upset
  • My kids coming won't make for a good calorie burning walk
 
As you can see, a good fat girl will come up with any excuse to not exercise.

I am working hard at changing this since my gall bladder surgery.

I am out walking nice and slow and not letting the weather or children stop me.
 


 






 
Look at all those wonderful reasons to pack up my excuses!

How about you? Are good at making excuses?




1 comment:

  1. OMG I could of written this post myself! I am the Queen of excuses, but I haven't used the baby toe one.

    I have about a 25 minute commute and I'll spend the whole drive home talking myself in and out of my workout! With my treadmill I really can't use the weather as an excuse!

    ReplyDelete