I knew I was going into tonight's TOPS meeting with a loss. I worked hard this week. By worked hard I mean I stayed away from the junk food and made it a point to walk more.
No more letting excuses get in my way.
It paid off,
Last week: 247.75 lbs
This week: 245.25 lbs
That's a loss of 2.50 lbs
I'm encouraged that my hard work showed results. It would have been disappointing to know I had worked as hard as I did and still gained.
Tonight my group discussed an older program called Cut & Burn
The idea behind it is to get you started on the right track to changing your habits towards diet and exercise and the path to losing weight.
It is exactly like it sounds.
Each day, you cut 100 calories from your diet and burn 100 calories through exercise.
Keep in mind that 1 pound of fat = 3500 calories.
Want some examples?
- leave 1 tbsp. of butter off of your bread
- make your sandwich without the slice of cheese
- leave four bites on your plate
- instead of a full glass of juice, add a splash of juice to sparkling water
- dance for 15 - 20 minutes
- vacuum and scrub floors for 25 minutes
- climb up and down your stairs for 15 minutes
- wash your car for 25-30 minutes
Now, this plan won't have you losing a pound a week, to do that, math says you need to cut 250 calories and burn 250 calories each day. That is still do-able, just need to work a bit harder.
So, that is the plan for the week. I am going to try to keep at what I was doing and incorporate the cut and burn program.
Below is the quote I posted for the group: