Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Truth Of Tuesday Night

"Here comes Peter Cottontail, hopping down the fat girl's trail"

and right on into my mouth!

I tried to tell myself that I would be able to eat the chocolate and candy in moderation...enjoy a bit, but not over-induldge.

BIG FAT LIE!

I ate that crap like it was going out of style.

So, I went on to my meeting tonight to see just what damage I had inflicted.

Last week: 240.00 lbs

This week: 240.50 lbs

+ 0.50 lbs

Considering I ate my weight in chocolate, that's not so bad.

Here's the thing...why do I feel the need to buy my kids so much junk?  Between myself and my parents and our babysitter, they got 8 chocolate bunnies, 2 giant eggs and countless chocolate eggs, jelly beans and gummy bunnies.

I need to refocus this week and get back on track.  I have been floundering for the past month and barely hanging on.

At TOPS tonight, we had a nice meeting that encouraged us to write "our story"

It was broken into 2 sections.  My answers are as follows...

Section 1: My OLD Story

1. My old story, in 25 - 50 words, is this:
My desire to change for ME was not important.  I was only focusing on doing it to please others.
2. My story has been influenced mainly by these events or feelings:
A life of always being this was and thinking change was too hard or impossible.
3. If my old story was made into a book, a good title for it would be:
Diary Of A Fat Girl (Because my blog is my book)
4. I want to change my old story because:
I DESERVE a happy ending!

Section 2: My NEW Story

1. My new story, in 25 - 50 words, is this:
I am important and have decided to put myself first.
2. If my new story was made into a book, a great title for it would be:
Diary Of A Former Fat Girl
3. My first step in rewriting my story is going to be:
Being motivated to change and stick with them.
4. I may face the following obstacles:
Lazy days, poor food choices and a list of other "excuses"

It's time to start writing this new story.

Make sure you jump over and join Ashley and Julie as they write their own stories.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. You know I watched Tony Robbins on TV a few weeks ago, and he was saying that the difference between those who succeed and those who don't is their story. For so long I too tried to lose weight for other people, and this is the first time it is absolutely for me :) Definitely will back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I love how you went from losing for someone else to losing for YOU!! The drive to be better for yourself is the only way to be motivated!! After all, if you don't love you, how can you let someone else love you the way you deserve to be loved?

    You are my inspiration, and part of my drive, but my weight loss will always be for ME! I'm just glad I have someone to bitch about it to, and listen to, also! :-) <3

    ReplyDelete