Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Truth Of Tuesday Night - on Thursday

I'm sorry!

I missed my blog post on Tuesday, post TOPS meeting.

Truth is, we didn't have a meeting on Tuesday due to weather.

I gotta say, this was a great thing for me.

After a stellar 4 pound lost the week before, I lost all focus and blew it.  I snacked on crap, didn't log food OR use the treadmill.

While I am mad at myself about it, I haven't done anything to correct it.

When I get up tomorrow morning...it all changes again.

Becauase:

I AM AN ADULT

I AM AN ADULT

I AM AN ADULT

I AM AN ADULT

I AM AN ADULT

Over the past couple of weeks, I have made a small change, but it's a good change.  I am slowly switching my family over to whole wheat bread.  Whoopie!  Big deal some of you are thinking...but I grew up a smoochy, white bread girl and in the past, whole wheat was so distasteful.  I actually bought it with my daughter in mind.  Abby eats very little, but does love toast with either butter or peanut butter.  I was pretty sure I could make the swap with her and she would be none the wiser!  ( I was right, btw!)  That same weekend, I made grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch and made mine with half white, half whole wheat.  I noticed no difference myself and truthfully, we never eat just plain bread.  It's always prepared as toast or garlic bread with something on it.  Brian wasn't big on the idea, but I served it to him the other night and he didn't notice, so from now on, I will only buy the whole wheat.  In my mind it makes me feel like I am doing the right thing.

To help keep me inspired, I tracked down a few qoutes of inspiration on Pinterest.  Hope they inspire you too!






2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the "awesome" quote and the "I'm Possible" quote!!

    You rule!

    Go get em Amy!!

    (BTW- it's 53 degrees here right now, and I'm FREEZING my fingers off!! So moving to Keene is NOT gonna happen!!):-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quotes! I have changed my family over to whole wheat bread along with pastas too. You hardly notice the difference

    ReplyDelete