Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Truth Of Tuesday Night

Well, putting those big girl panties on sure did help tonight.

I had an awesome loss.

Let's get right to numbers shall we?

Last week: 249.50 lbs
This week: 245.50 lbs

That's a loss of 4 lbs!

I am at the lowest weight I have ever been at in my entire adult life.

Meeting wise, I thought it was pretty kick ass if I do say so myself.

I started out with a new feature of putting an inspirational quote on our whiteboard.

This week's was:

STOP making excuses
STOP saying that you'll do it tomorrow
STOP believing it will happen by itself
BEGIN working out today
BEGIN eating healthy today
BEGIN changing your life now
Do it TODAY and be proud tomorrow!

I also did the program tonight and I think it was very eye opening for all the members.  I encourage every group to try this one....it's very short, but effective.

I found it here originally ( this site is a GREAT resource for TOPS programs and contests)

The only thing you need is a pound of fat from the butcher (chances are they will just give it to you) and the little saying below.

Let me explain a bit first.

So, I went to our local meat packers and got a pound of pure beef fat.  I put it in a ziplock bag and then in a dark pillow case.

I passed the pillowcase around and had each member feel the contents without peeking.  They could squeeze it, poke it, etc.  Once everyone had felt the contents, we went around for everyone to guess what they thought was inside.  Once all answers were revealed, I pulled out the fat.  We passed it around again for a good look while I read this:

(as if reading a letter from the fat)

Hello, TOPS member,
Do you know me?  If you don't, you should.  I"m a pound of fat and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.  Want to know why?  It's because no one ever wants to lose me.  I'm only one pound, just a pound of fat.  Everyone wants to lose 3, 5, 10, 15 pounds, but never only one pound.  So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.  Then, I add to myself ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice it, that is, until I've grown to 10, 20, 30 or more pounds in weight.  Yes, it's fun being just a pound of fat, left to do as I please.  So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "oh, I only lost one pound" (As if that were such a terrible thing!)  For you see, if you do this, you'll encourage your fellow members to keep me around because they'll think I'm not worth losing.  And I LOVE being around you, your arms, legs, chin, hips, thighs and every part of your body.  For you see, "I'm Only One Pound Of Fat"

Do you have any idea just how big a pound of fat is?  Much larger than you would assume.  In our minds, it's the size of a tic tac, but in reality, it was the size of a small eye of the round roast (that's what a lot of the members thought it felt like, as my hunk of fat was one long piece.)

The pound of fat in my hand


I thought I would just throw it out when I got home, but I think actually I am going to put it in the freezer and pull it out when our group needs a bit of motivation!

Here's to another great week!


3 comments:

  1. 4lbs! That is amazing! Congratulation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 pounds is great!! Great motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAY!!
    TO!!
    GO!!
    AMY!!

    I'm so proud of you! I have an update coming, I hope to get it out tomorrow night or possibly Sunday. It's been crazy with work and school, and in one of my classes I have to blog (but not personal blogs.. they have to be about social problems.. yuk!) so I've been a lazy bum lately.

    But you, my busy bee bestie, are AWESOME!!! Keep it up!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete