Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Truth of Tuesday Night!

It's been a long time since I have posted after a TOPS meeting on a Tuesday.

It was so nice to get back to TOPS.  We didn't meet for the last two weeks because of holidays and it had a bigger impact for me than I expected it to.  Going into the holidays, I really didn't think it would make much difference if we had a meeting or not.

Basically, this is how the last 2 weeks went down...

FREE FOR ALL WITH CRAP!

Yup, I stuffed myself with foods that only drove the scale up.  By the middle of last week, I was up a good 6 pounds and disappointed with myself that I was over my 250 lb goal.  On Saturday, I kicked it into high gear and really cut back.  It was hard and NO FUN!

It paid off though, here are my numbers:

December 18: 246.25
This week: 247.50

That's a gain of 1.25 lbs, but I'm ok with it.

I'm not doing this weight loss thing to deprive myself.   If there is yummy dessert, I am going to indulge, but not every day.  It's all about balance.  You have to live and enjoy yourself and to limit yourself or restrict yourself is only setting yourself up for failure.

This is my year!  Last year, I lost over 22 lbs, I hope to double that this year.



I gotta say, TOPS is my life saver...literally!  It has CHANGED MY LIFE!  I really do encourage EVERYONE looking to lose weight or maintain a healthy lifestyle to at least check out ONE TOPS meeting.  There is no charge to go to your first one and you are under no obligation to join if you don't think it's going to help you!  I hate to sound like some pushy "sales" person, it's just that I am passionate about it.  I think it goes unknown to so many.  You always hear about other large and more expensive options and the little guy gets shoved to the background.

Anyone want to come join me?

Here's to a good week and an even better year!  Go ME!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to being reading this ... and have been thinking about TOPS, actually a friend and i have been thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are back on track and MOTIVATED! You are right - you go, Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Amy!! You did great over the holidays

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing great - especially since there was a holiday in there!

    ReplyDelete